Wednesday 22 January 2014

Prayer

During prayer mantillas help to keep the mind focused. The head is covered and one can direct all their thoughts towards God. It shows reverence towards the Blessed Sacrament to cover one's head, a humility and modesty which puts God first and us second. 


All alone with her Lord.


Prayerful young women directing their hearts to God.


'He must increase but I must decrease'


Even the very tiny can contemplate!

"Prayer is an aspiration of the heart, it is a simple glance directed to heaven, it is a cry of gratitude and love in the midst of trail as well as joy; finally, it is something great, supernatural, which expands my soul and unites me to Jesus."
--St.Therese of Lisieux

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos Amanda, the mantillas are simply gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me want to buy and wear them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Barbara!
    I'm glad you're enjoying the blog.
    God Bless,

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete